Born in Sydney 1957
Self-taught, mature-age, digitally-savvy, “Cyber Sculptor” & Story-teller, responding to life through making.
Sculpts in various mediums
Art Practice Philosophy – Life has served Boer up a bumpy ride, so it’s no wonder her practice philosophy is “BEAUTY & HUMOUR in the Face of ADVERSITY”.
Strongly influenced by movement to music, poetry, scent, the interplay of water & light on or through surfaces, fashion and the soft voluptuous simplistic curves and flowing swirls of the female form.
Currently working on a series of minimalist 3D and 2D forms portraying maternal communication. ‘MATRIART…Practice Perfects Making’, is an in-depth study undertaken by the artist to better understand the significance of her new role as Matriarch within her family.
The artist’s contemporary feminist hybrid-crafting works are often voluptuous sensual 3D forms, but she also dabbles in the worlds of cyberspace, 2D poster printing & poetry when the mood or the moment takes her.
AA12 Anatomy for Artists with Scott Eaton of London UK.
Full Member of The Sculpture Society
UNSW Art & Design – Master of Arts 2021
- 2013 Australia Square Exhibition Sydney
- 2013 Class Art Gallery Exhibition Sydney
- 2014 Class Art Gallery Exhibition Sydney
- 2014 Australia Square Exhibition Sydney (preselected)
- 2014 MLC Centre Exhibition Sydney
- 2014 Sculpture at Hillview Exhibition
- 2015 Darling Park Exhibition (Highly Commended Award)
- 2016 Incinerator Art Space Exhibition
- 2016 Sculpture at Hillview Exhibition – Finalist
- 2016 MLC Centre Exhibition Sydney
- 2016 Angel Place Exhibition Sydney
- 2016 Chatswood Chase Form Exhibition – Sydney
- 2016 Art on the Concourse Exhibition – Sydney (Roger Fenton Prize Winner)
- 2016 Eclectica Exhibition – Invited
- 2016 Creative Space Exhibition – Four Elements – EARTH (Work now on permanent exhibit in the Gallery garden)
- 2017 Harbour Sculpture Exhibition
- 2017 MAAS (Powerhouse Museum) – Out of Hand Exhibition (video of work)
- 2017 Chatswood Chase Form Exhibition – Sydney
- 2018 Chatswood Chase Form Exhibition Sydney
- 2019 UNSWAD Class Exhibition – Gaffa Gallery – Sydney
- 2021 A & D Annual Graduate Exhibition – UNSW Art & Design – Sydney