Born in Hungary in 1946. He attended a Technical High School in Budapest, where he studied design, drawing, sculpturing and most importantly the art of blacksmithing. Gusztáv left Hungary in 1973 and migrated to Sydney, Australia in the same year.
During the early years he worked as a boilermaker/welder and occasionally as a blacksmith. Gusztáv opened his first metal fabricating workshop under the name of Denlatu Pty Ltd in 1979. Over the years the company has extended its range of products and services. In the line of his work he has had the opportunity to fabricate his own designs and utilise his skills as a blacksmith. (Historical wrought iron streetlights on upper George St, the Rocks; window grills for the dining room at the Admiralty House, wrought iron lamp holder at the NSW Government building entrance, above the steps, countless wrought iron gates and grills in his own designs, etc.) He was also co-creator of the sculpture “Gap Stone” on Green Square railway station.
He also worked for 2 years on the Olympic village, creating all the internal handrails at the apartment buildings. In one of his latest projects with Parks & Wildlife, he was working on the Parramatta foreshore park at Bedlam Bay, Gladesville.
He was the member of the Hungarian-Australian Art Society and exhibited his works through them. His largest exhibit was at the opening of the Hungarian Embassy in Canberra. His exhibition “Mixed B.A.G.” was with two painters in Curtis Gallery, Balmain 2004 and “Together” with painter Andrew Urge in Woolloomooloo 2005. His other exhibitions were “Chalk & cheese” with Lorraine Carter 2006, “Poles apart “ with John-Paul Mullins 2007 and “Together again” with Andrew Urge 2008.
He had sculptures at the Epiphany exhibition in 2010 and 2012, and at the Hunters Hill Art Exhibition in 2012 and 2013 and 2014 and in Harbour Sculpture in Hunters Hill in 2014 and 2015. In 2013 he exhibited with visiting painter István Csizmadia (Győr,Hungary) and in 2014 with local artist Roza Marosszéky.
Gusztav has 2 sculptures (“Adam” and “Eve”) permanently exhibited in a regional art gallery in Nyiregyhaza, Hungary. His sculpture “Hungary 1956” was part of an exhibition in February in the House of Terror in Budapest, Hungary.