How does your work relate to this year’s exhibition theme? (i.e. what is your piece about?)
People who travel perpetually have to keep their material possessions to a minimum. People who live in houses, however, can accumulate all kinds of objects. I like to connect the use of materials to form beautiful Artworks by reclaiming to identify into another form and to recycle waste into reusable material. Being a tactile person, and with careful observation as an artist, my instinct to visual connections are what inspire me to make a work of art. My focus surrounds my immediate environment, from the mountains to the sea that illustrates the Illawarra Regions environment-reflections of a personal viewpoint. This direct relationship with the environment also allows me to work with two and three-dimensional construction. This work includes a variety of materials such as clay, wood, metal, and found objects. These materials are manipulated using the techniques of modeling, casting, cutting, welding and painting, anything to achieve the desired result. The viewer can perceive these works of Little Boats as they wish. Due to their respective experiences, I am sure that each individual will have their own unique interpretation of the works .These works are of title “LIFE IS A JOURNEY AMONG THE WAVES” As we journey through life we see a vision to better ourselves, we migrate into the deep, a voyage of life with a willingness of integration and harmony to find ones own identity.
Painter, Potter, Paper maker, and Sculptor Art teacher and Trainer.
- Art Training Institute Melbourne: Commercial Art Certificate.
- East Sydney TAFE College: Painting & Ceramic Certificates.
- Gymea TAFE College: Ceramics Diploma.
- West Wollongong TAFE College: Fine Arts Certificate 4, Ceramics Diploma, Sculpture Advanced Diploma, Work Place Training Certificate 4.
- Woronora – River Studios.
- Sydney – Arts Center.
- Spain – Solobreño, Motril Art Space.
- England – West Cromwell Road Gallery.
- Wollongong – Project Art Space, Art Arena Gallery, Koroona Gallery.
- Woronora & Wollongong – Potter.
- Sydney – Photographer.
- Holland – Gold Leafing Picture Frames.
- England – Art Restoration.
- Wollongong – Art Exhibition coordinator, Pottery teacher and workshop manager.
- Port Kembla – Art Teacher.
- Winner & Peoples choice for Pulse Exhibition, Wollongong.
- 2nd Peoples choice Archibald Prize 2006 Tap Gallery, Darlinghurst.
- Cavion’s Award Sculpture On The Shore, Thirroul.
- Awards For Ceramics Port Hacking Potters Group, Cronulla.
- 1st Peoples choice Environment Art Prize 2006 Tap Gallery, Darlinghurst.
Collectors of Artwork from:
- New Zealand